Welcome to your guide to your Combination of LVR® and or DLV® with other Cosmetic Surgical Procedures. Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with these procedures and a few things you can do to ensure the best possible results. . Remember, this presentation does not take the place of your consultation and you should make sure to jot down any questions you may want to ask us later.
Combination of LVR® and or DLV® with other Cosmetic Surgical Procedures can be offered to any woman who desires to have multiple cosmetic procedures to aesthetically enhance her body. Even with diet and exercise, many women find that they cannot achieve the results they desire. Fortunately, certain cosmetic procedures offer a woman the opportunity to regain a youthful figure, and intimate area to feel confident about her body again. This combination category usually involves choosing an appropriate combination of breast, body and vaginal rejuvenation procedures, including: breast augmentation, tummy tuck, breast lift, breast reduction, mini tummy tuck, Brazilian Butt Augmentation and liposuction.
Looking your best may require a coordinated program that includes both surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures, you may learn more about breast augmentation, tummy tuck, breast reduction, breast lift, mini tummy tuck, Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation®, Brazilian Butt Augmentation, and liposuction by viewing the individual modules for each procedure. We will help you choose the combination of procedures that is right for you.
The next step is to decide whether to have multiple procedures at one time or individual procedures over a period of time. Undergoing multiple procedures at one time will require a greater up front financial cost and may result in an extended downtime. However you will save time and money in the long run and may see results sooner. Whatever you decide, as will accommodate your wishes, as long as your goals are realistic and your safety is not compromised.
Some suggestions to help you prepare for surgery.
During you consultation you should be very open; provide all of your medical history and list all of the medications, vitamins, and herbs you are taking (even if you don’t think they’re important). Every person has unique appearance goals and these goals will affect the way your surgery is performed. It is important to let us know your desires, and to listen closely as we help to set realistic expectations.
Here are some tips that may help you shorten your recovery time and decrease your chances of complications.
- Discontinue using Aspirin (including medications that contain Aspirin), Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E and other supplements as directed. These act as blood thinners and could cause excessive bruising, bleeding or other complications. We will give you a complete list of medications and herbal supplements to avoid prior to your procedure.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, especially to your breast and stomach.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, as nicotine can impair circulation and healing.
- Don’t drink alcohol in excess for two week before your Liposculpturing procedure and one week after the surgery.
- Drink lots of water in the days leading up to your Liposculpturing procedure.
To make your recovery easier and more comfortable be sure to:
- Arrange for someone to take you home and take care of you for at least the first two days. For out of town, national and international patients, private nursing care, private recovery centers and hotel accommodators can be made through our office.
- Fill your prescriptions and place them within easy reach of where you well be resting.
- Arrange for someone to take care of any young children for at least one week.
- Shop for all necessary groceries prior to your surgery.
- Catch up on laundry and house cleaning prior to your surgery.
Have a good selection of books and videos at home for you and your children.
You should expect some bruising, swelling and pain after your procedure. If you feel like you’ve lost sensations in the areas treated, don’t be alarmed. As your nerves begin to regenerate feeling and sensation should return to normal. Swelling may linger for as long as several months. Pain medication will be prescribed to control any discomfort, however, if you begin to have severe pain, contact us immediately.
The recovery process is different for everyone; there are some general guidelines that patients should follow. It is a good idea to start walking the first day after surgery. You my shower after your dressings have been removed at your first postoperative office visit. You should plan on being out of work and away from your usual activities for two to three weeks, depending on the amount of surgery you have. During this period, you may gradually return to activities such as lifting, exercise, and sex (unless you had virginal rejuvenation and then it is six weeks). Avoid high impact activities for about one month. In particular you should avoid jogging and bouncing activities for up to six weeks.
It is also important that you avoid overexertion while performing household duties. As a mother, especially if you have young children, you may need to prioritize what tasks are most important and what can wait until after you heal. Although these precautions may mean your house is not as tidy as usual, they will allow you to rest and recover quickly.
Feel free to review any part of this presentation you and be sure to take a look at our before and after photos to get a better idea of the results you may achieve. If you have any remaining questions or are ready to schedule your combination procedure, we’ll be waiting to help.