Virtual Surgery Consultation Process
We give our out of town, national and international patients top priority for scheduling consultations and surgery. Also if you happen to be in town for business or pleasure we would be happy to provide you with a priority in office visit.
We offer the following types of virtual consultations for our out of town, national and international patients.
Consultation via phone
Consultation via email
Consultation via Skype
Office telephone number: 310-859-9052
Office email address: email@example.com
Office Skype name: griselda.gaines
Many of our out of town, national and international patients schedule a virtual consultation with Drs. Matlock or Yamini. This allows you to discuss the procedure with the doctor and gather information, regarding the enhancement you desire. The Virtual Consultation can be done by phone, Skype (video) or email. Our doctors have been doing virtual consultations for years and patients have contacted them from all over the world.
Scheduling a Virtual Consultation is easy
First determine the type of surgical procedure or procedures you are interested in; then select the type of virtual consultation you would like to have, telephone, email, Skype (video) and then you can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 310-859-9052 and indicate the procedure or procedures you are interested in having and provide your name, age, height, weight, any medical problems, email address, telephone number and Skype name (if you are interested in a Skype virtual consultation). The surgical consultant will then arrange the desired consult. All requested virtual consultations will be done the day of the request (if the request is during business hours Mon-Fri 9 AM – 5 PM PST).
We recommend the following to expedite your virtual email and telephone consultations for liposculpturing, Brazilian Butt Augmentation, VASER Hi Def Liposculpturing, breast augmentations, breast lifts, breast reductions, tummy tucks and facial surgery that you email us digital pictures (as described below) so that our doctors can make a good assessment of the surgical procedure you need and advise you accordingly. By this method you can get your consultation and surgical quote in a one step process in compared to a two step process if it isn’t done (note that ultimately we will need pictures to provide a consult and surgical fee quote). For Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® and Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® procedures pictures are not required.
For a Skype video consultation for liposculpturing, Brazilian Butt Augmentation, VASER Hi Def Liposculpturing, breast augmentations, breast lifts, breast reductions, tummy tucks and facial surgery you can email us at email@example.com and request a Skype video consult. Please provide the same information requested above under virtual email and telephone consultations. You have the option of skipping emailing us digital pictures if you simply want to show the doctor your areas of concern via Skype video just like you would if you were actually in the office. One of our surgical consultants will schedule your Skype consult at your conveyance.
Please be assured that your photographs are highly confidential and will become part of your private medical record. Following the virtual consultation, you will be able to schedule a tentative surgery date pending a regular consultation in our office. A regular office consultation is still required prior to your surgery. Many out of town, national and international patients schedule their regular consultation 1-2 days prior to their scheduled surgery.
During the email consultation everything can be done via email. During the telephone or Skype video consultation you will speak with one of our doctors as he reviews your photos with you. Together you will discuss your goals, questions, and concerns. Note: This Virtual Telephone or Skype Video Consultation is considered a confirmed appointment with our doctor and must be treated with the same respect as an office consultation. If you need to cancel or reschedule this appointment, please email or call our office to cancel or reschedule.
Confidentiality of Medical Information and Photos
All medical information and photos shared with our doctors are confidential and are part of your medical record. We want you to know that all of our employees continually undergo training so that we may understand and comply with government rules and regulations regarding the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) with particular emphasis on the “Privacy Rules”. We strive to achieve the very highest standards of ethics and integrity in performing services for our patients. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us.
Photo Instructions for the Virtual Consultation
Body Procedures Instructions (Liposculpturing, Brazilian Butt Augmentation, VASER Hi Def Liposculpturing, tummy tuck).
- Please take Photos in front of a plain background. For example, use a plain-colored wall or a door.
- Photos should be taken from just below your chin to your feet. The whole torso area should be visible with no undergarments obscuring the area to be examined. Hands and arms should be crossed and about the level just below the chin. Do not “suck in” the abdomen as this also creates an unnatural position. Be as relaxed as possible for the best photo outcome.
- Keep the camera angle straight forward. Do not angle down or up as this will also create an unnatural position/view of the body.
- You will need to take your photos without any garments on; for example, no shirts covering the abdomen area (if you are more comfortable with the bra and underwear then this is fine; for men underwear or swimming trunks are fine).
- A total of 4 images/views are needed: 1 front view shot, 2 side views (right and left), and 1 full back shot.
- Please take Photos in front of a plain background. For example, use a plain-colored wall or door.
- Photos should be taken from just below the neck with shoulders visible to just above the belly button. Hands and arms should not be raised as this lifts the breasts to an unnatural position. Hands can rest on your hips with elbows bent naturally to the sides or rest naturally straight back. Be as relaxed as possible for the best photo outcome.
- Keep the camera angle straight forward. Do not angle down or up as this will also create an unnatural position/view of the breasts.
- You will need to take your photos without any garments on; for example, no bras or shirts.
- A total of 5 images/views are needed: 1 front view shot, 2 quarter turn shots and 2 side views of the breasts.
- Please take Photos in front of a plain background. For example, use a plain- colored wall or plain-colored sheet (white or blue is preferable) hung on a wall.
- Photos should be taken from top/crown of head to just below the neck with collar bones visible. Facial features should be relaxed. No smiling or frowning, just a relaxed natural position. Keep jawline in a relaxed natural position; do not try to push jaw out or “pose” as this will only obscure your natural jawline. Be as relaxed as possible for the best photo outcome.
- Keep the camera angle straight forward. Do not angle down or up as this will also create an unnatural position/view of the facial features.
- A total of 6 images/views are needed: 1 front shot, 2 quarter turn shots, 2 side views and 1 view with head tilted slightly downward of the facial features.
After Your Virtual Consultation
Pre-op & Surgery Schedule
Once you and our doctor have decided on a tentative surgical plan, one of our surgical consultants will help you to coordinate all of your travel and surgical plans. She will also assist you with finding local accommodations near our office (see below). We also want you to know that it isn’t necessary for you to bring anyone with you because we can arrange for you to have one of our recovery room nurses stay with you at your hotel. For those patients who are having multiple procedures such as our Wonder Woman Makeover/Mommy Makeover we will require you to spend a day or more at one of the aftercare facilities. A deposit for your surgery will be required to secure your pre-operative and surgical dates. The balance will be collected at your pre-operative visit.
Your first visit with our doctors in our office will include your initial office consultation with a physical health and history and your surgical examination. Pre-operative and post-operative forms, instructions, and consent forms will be sent to you prior to your surgery or if you wish they can be done when you arrive in the office. Your Pre-operative Packet will contain copies of surgical consents, pre-operative and post-operative forms and instructions. Please review this packet in its entirety and bring with you to your appointments. We schedule ample time for your first visit so that all questions and concerns can be answered.
Your elective cosmetic surgery will be performed at the Beverly Hills Sunset Surgery Center which is our licensed and Medicare Certified Freestanding Surgical Center located next to our office suite. Our surgery center is a state of the art 5,000 sq. ft. facility with 3 operating rooms, 6 bed recovery room and 3 pre-op rooms. Our surgical center is certified to administer both IV and general anesthesia. Our facility uses only Board Certified Anesthesiologists.
We have a private waiting area with flat screen TV and wireless Internet for the comfort of you, your family and friends. The recovery room is designed for your private care and you will have one R.N. dedicated to your recovery. We can arrange for a private nurse or medical personnel to transport you to your hotel following discharge. Following your surgery, you will be given direct access to our doctors.
Post-operative Visits and Recovery
Surgical patients must plan on staying in the Los Angeles area for approximately 4-10 days depending on the surgical procedure. Patients having Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation®, Designer Laser Vaginoplasty®, Liposculpturing, Brazilian Butt Augmentation and VASER Hi Def Liposculpturing can return home on the 4th or 5th day post op. Patients having tummy tucks, breast surgery, Wonder Woman Makeovers™ and some facial surgery will have to stay 7-10 days. You will be seen during your stay and always on the day prior to your departure. The complexities of each patient’s surgery will determine this timeframe. The doctor will discuss the your personal recovery timeframe with you during your Virtual Consultation so you can plan accordingly.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Surgery
- First of all you have picked the right surgeon who is skilled in performing these Hi Tech/definition procedures.
- Thoroughly educate yourself on the procedure prior to your office consultation. An educated patient is an informed patient and this will allow you to get the maximum out of your consultation.
- Understand the extreme importance of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (fatty tissue) elasticity on the outcome of the procedure. Discuss the quality of your skin and subcutaneous fatty tissue with you surgeon in regards to your surgical outcome. Also remember that the better the muscular tone the better the outcome as well. Bottom line be realistic and reach a realistic outcome with your surgeon.
- Moving forward with your procedure: Read all the provided pre-operative and post-operative information prior to your surgery.
- Take all medications as instructed by your surgeon.
- Properly wear the garment as instructed and above all do not let the garment crease into your body because this can hamper the healing process above and below the crease.
- Message the body as instructed by your surgeon/instructions. This will assist in the healing process.
- Keep all of of your follow up appointments.
- Start the suggested diet (high protein low carb and fat). This will assist in your recovery and healing process. Start exercising when instructed by your surgeon/instructions. This diet and exercise program are key in maintaining and enhancing your surgical result/new body.
- Take this experience as a opportunity to build upon your new body your surgeon has provided.