Introduction To Liposculpture
Welcome to your guide to Los Angeles liposculpturing surgery with Dr. Matlock who has distinguished himself as a highly specialized liposculpturing surgeon. Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the procedure and what you can do to ensure a result you will love. Remember, this presentation does not take the place of your consultation and you should make sure to jot down any questions you may want to ask us later.
Many people seek liposuction because they want to improve their contour and remove fat from specific areas including abdomen, hips, thighs, back, arms, chest and neck. The best candidate for this procedure is a physically healthy, normal weight, person with firm, elastic skin, and with realistic goals. Patients may wish to combine Brazilian butt augmentation with their liposculpting procedure.
How will your liposuction be performed?
Typically performed on an outpatient basis in Los Angeles, Liposculpturing can last between thirty minutes to four hours depending in the amount of fat removed, number of areas treated and the technique performed. The most common techniques include tumescent and ultrasound assisted Liposculpturing.
Using a mixture of local anesthetics and adrenaline, a special solution called tumescent fluid is created. This fluid is inserted into the treated area through tiny access points. It helps numb the treated area controls bleeding and reacts with your fat making it easier to remove. The fat is then suctioned out through a blunt tubular instrument called a cannula.
Ultrasound Assisted Liposculpturing (UAL)
The UAL technique uses ultrasound energy to literally melt your fat. Tumescent fluid is first injected and then special probes that emit ultrasound energy react with the fat to liquefy it. The liquefied fat is then suctioned out through tiny incisions using a cannula.
Some suggestions to help you prepare for liposculpturing in West Hollywood.
During you consultation you should be very open; provide all of your medical history and list all of the medications, vitamins, and herbs you are taking (even if you don’t think they’re important).
Here are some tips that may help you shorten your recovery time and decrease your chances of complications.
- Discontinue using Aspirin (including medications that contain Aspirin), Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E and other supplements as directed. These act as blood thinners and could cause excessive bruising, bleeding or other complications. We will give you a complete list of medications and herbal supplements to avoid prior to your procedure.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, as nicotine can impair circulation and healing.
- Don’t drink alcohol in excess for two week before your Liposculpting procedure and one week after the surgery.
- Drink lots of water in the days leading up to your Liposculpturing procedure.
To make your recovery easier and more comfortable be sure to:
- Arrange for someone to take you home and take care of you for at least the first day. For out of town, national and international patients, private nursing care, private recovery centers and hotel accommodators can be made through our office.
- Fill your prescriptions and place them within easy reach of where you well be resting.
- Place plenty of pillows, a spare compression and hand towels for drainage nearby.
You should expect some bruising, swelling and pain after your procedure. If you feel like you’ve lost sensations in the areas treated, don’t be alarmed. As your nerves begin to regenerate feeling and sensation should return to normal. Swelling may linger for as long as several months. Pain medication will be prescribed to control any discomfort, however, if you begin to have severe pain, contact us immediately.
The recovery process is different for everyone, but within a day after your Liposculpturing, you should be up and walking around. Excess tumescent fluid will most likely drain from the access points for the first day or two and you may experience blood tinged fluid as well. You may shower on the second or third day following surgery. Depending on the number of areas treated, you may need to be out of work and away from your usual activities for the first week. Over the next two or three weeks your treated areas may remain very sensitive and strenuous physical activities should be limited. You will also need to wear a special compassion garment for up to a month to help ensure a good contour to your treated areas. Following this period you may gradually return to activities such or lifting, exercise and sex. Avoid any high impact activities for about one month. In particular you should avoid jogging and bouncing activities for up to six weeks. These procedures will help you avoid stress to your treated Areas and allow time for your time to heal and recover. All Liposculpturing procedures are performed using small incision, about the length of this red line —–, so any scarring will be minimal.
The results of your Liposculpture in Los Angeles are usually best seen after six weeks. Your treated areas should look great and retain their sculptured appearance for as long as you remain the same weight. If you gain weight, you will generally gain it in areas other than those that were treated.