Dr. Matlock pioneered Female Genital Plastic Surgery 22 years ago. He has trained over 435 surgeons (gynecologists, plastic surgeons, and urologists) in over 46 countries. He has also treated women from all 50 states and over 70 countries.
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation®Combined with a Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® Procedure
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation®is an actual surgical procedure that uses the laser for cutting, dissecting, and suture material to tighten the muscles of the vagina. This is the most common Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery procedure developed by Dr. Matlock to enhance sexual gratification. Additionally, LVR®can also treat stress urinary incontinence (involuntary loss of urine when laughing, coughing, sneezing, or exercising). LVR®tightens the muscles of the top, bottom, and outside (perineal body) of the vagina. However, not all women require rejuvenation of the anterior wall (bladder region). Some may only require rejuvenation of the internal bottom and outside of the vagina.
LVR® increases vaginal muscle tone, strength, control, and contractile force. LVR®decreases the internal and external diameters of the vagina, while building up the perineal body, thereby enhancing sexual gratification. Sexual gratification is directly related to the amount of frictional forces generated by LVR®.
Designer Laser Vaginoplasty®
Designer Laser Vaginoplasty®(DLV®) is a comprehensive category consisting of the aesthetic vulvar procedures designed by Dr. Matlock.
Designer Laser Vaginoplasty®(DLV®) procedures include the following:
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty with Reduction of the Excess Prepuce
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Minora
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Minora with Reduction of the Thickness of the Labia Minora
- Combination Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® with Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® (DLV®)
- Combination Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® and/or Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® with other cosmetic surgical procedures (liposculpturing, Brazilian Butt Augmentation, etc.)
- Liposculpturing of the Fatty Mons Pubis and the Labia Majora
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Majora via Vertical Elliptical Excision
- Labia Majora Augmentation via Fat Transfer (or fillers)
- Laser Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Majora via Extension of the Perineoplasty
- Suprapubic Lift of the Vulvar Structures
Preparation for any Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® procedure, which involves the vulvar structures, will be the same. However, the preparation for a combined cosmetic procedure (liposculpturing, Brazilian Butt Augmentation, breast surgery, etc.) will be tailored to that specific procedure.
During your consultation you should provide a complete medical history and a list of medications, including vitamins and herbs.
Here are some tips that may help you shorten your recovery time and decrease your chances of complications.
- Discontinue using Aspirin (including medications that contain Aspirin), Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E and other supplements as directed. These act as blood thinners and could cause excessive bruising, bleeding or other complications. We will give you a complete list of medications and herbal supplements to avoid prior to your procedure.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, as nicotine can impair circulation and healing.
- Do not drink alcohol in excess for two weeks before your procedure and one week after the surgery.
Every patient is given a pudendal block (nerve block) during surgery for postoperative pain control anesthesia. The pudendal block will last between 18-24 hours. After the block wears off, the pain is primarily located in the perineum (area outside of vagina and above the anus). The characteristic of the pain is consistent with the discomfort noted after an episiotomy or perineal body tear, as a result of childbirth. The patient will receive a narcotic and a lidocaine rectal suppository for pain management. This combination of medications is sufficient to control any discomfort one may have.
Ice should be applied to the perineum and vulvar areas intermittently for the first 48 hours while awake. The ice should be applied off and on in twenty-minute intervals.
Patients who have had LVR® with treatment for incontinence included in the surgical procedure, will have a urinary catheter for four days postoperatively. This is a small leg bag that can be worn under a dress, skirt, or within the pants.
During the recovery period, patients are not to engage in sexual activity for six weeks. No sexual activity or exercise (yoga, spinning, cycling, Pilates, weightlifting, etc.). Most patients return to work in one week. Others, whose job may be more physically demanding, may require more time off of work. Recovery of other cosmetic procedures (liposculpturing, Brazilian Butt Augmentation, breast surgery, etc.) will be dependent upon the specific procedure performed.
The results of your Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® and/or Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® procedure will be complete at six weeks postoperatively. At that time, patients can resume all sexual and physical activities without any restrictions.
Please note that the results for combined cosmetic procedures will be dependent upon the type of surgical procedure performed. Patients will be provided with the proper information for their specific cosmetic procedure.